Yesterday, I took a day trip to Ayutthya the old capital of Thailand. I left my hotel at 6:30 AM and was starting to feel the effects of sleep deprivation. I napped a little on the drive, but mostly enjoyed the scenery and the history lesson that the tour guide gave us. I met two German girls who became my buddies for the day. We went to several unbelievable temples and saw the "famous" laying Buddha. It was interesting because people kept trying to get coins to stick to the buddhas feet and were so elated when it actually worked. Apparently, if you can get a coin to stick your wish will come true. I saw the Thai Baht kept falling off so I figured I'd try a good ole' US quarter and would you believe it, it stuck like it had glue on it!! YAY, I win lol.We took a bus up to Ayutthya and a really nice boat ride back. It was so ridiculously hot, so it was nice to have the cool breeze on the boat.
Got back to the hotel and transferred to my new hotel where I met my group. They are fantastic.. a really interesting mix of people old and young,males and females, singles and couples, mostly Canadians and Brits. Seems like they will be a lot of fun. We all went for dinner and then I finally had an amazing night's sleep. Today we took a longboat tour through the waterways of Bangkok which was really interesting and then we toures another temple. I am headed back to the hotel now to pack my stuff and head to the train station. We'll be taking an overnight train to Chang Mai. I'm sure I will get no sleep and be sleep deprived again tomorrow. It's all part of the experience though, right!? In Chang Mai we will be taking a cooking class in the local market and doing an elephant ride...
It should be a lot of fun.
Hopefully, I will be able to find internet easily outside of Bangkok. I will try to update as much as I can.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What an amazing way to stay in touch and follow you! Love reading everyday about your travels:):)
ReplyDeletexoxoxoxo - Emily
What did you wish for?? Sounds like a good group. I have to represent when I ask you this, "Any hot, single men in the tour?" HA!!! Have fun!
ReplyDeleteMore info on the cooking class!!!! How was it? And you just love those elephants, dontcha??? I do, too. Miss you!!!!
ReplyDeleteI have to back Lynn on the "Any hot, single men in the tour?" If not there's always the tour guide. It puts me at ease and makes me so HAPPY when I read your blog. Love you lots.
ReplyDeleteMiss You. Can't wait for more. Looked at your tour itinerary. I was exhausted reading it. Sounds great.
ReplyDelete