Thursday, February 5, 2009

Day 3 - Just call me James Harrison!!

Today, I once again braved the LA subway system and took the Amtrak train from LA to The OC to visit with Ashleigh, Ben, and Lucas. The really nice thing about the LA subway system is that they post the arrival times of the next few trains that will be stopping at the station. The not so nice thing is when you miss said train by three seconds and see that the next train is in ten minutes at 12:04. Knowing you have to go 8 subway stops to get to Union Station and buy an Amtrak ticket and find the train all by 12:25 would deter other people, but not me. I was determined to make that train. Cut to me running through Union station at full speed, screaming to anyone who will listen "Where is the Surfrider South train?" Fortunately, an large man in an official looking uniform screamed back "It's track 12, up the stairs...hahaha good luck lady!" I took those stairs three at a time all the while screaming "hold the train." I got to the top of the stairs and the conductor was boarding the train and closing the door, but he heard my screams and held the door for me and it hit me in the butt when it closed. SUCCESS!! I had made the train, but then it hit me. I had just sprinted the hundred yard plus dash and couldn't breathe. I felt like the Steelers defensive lineman who returned that interception for 100yards...I needed oxygen an felt like I was going to throw up. But alas, 15 minutes later I was back to breathing normal and on my way to the OC.

I hung out with the Noonans, ate the Mexican food I have been craving for weeks, and got to spend time with my new favorite little man - Lucas. I am so setting him up with Sadie. We had a fabulous day and then I took the train back to LA. No running this time.

I just finished packing my backs and am going to bed - my last night in the US for a few months. I had some moments of nervousness today, but I am going to bed with nothing but excitement for my journey ahead. I am sure some nerves will be back tomorrow morning, but nothing a Xanax and Zimmerman peptalk can't take care of.

I'll miss you all and hope you follow me around the world.....

Catch you on the flipside ... XOXO

5 comments:

  1. You can definitely count on me to follow you. I will miss you. Have a great adventure. Love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too Jess...just like our blog, when everyone stops reading, Fifi and I will still be reading. Well, let's face it - Fifi more than me, but she is your Mom!!

    Oh, and not to sound like a Mom, but please save your energy for your trip. All this running around LA is giving me anxiety. Have you ever heard of a cab??

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVED having you!!! Can't wait to read about the rest of your adventure. Hope you'll be leaving without a hitch in about an hour...and thanks again for making LA one of your stops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jess miss you already but so happy that you got to Thailand and you have the first long long plane ride out of the way. Be safe and stay away from those Thailand men, haha.
    Love ya and you can count on me checking this almost everyday but I can't promise a response each time but know I'm back in good old NY reading it.
    LOVE YA
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete