So, Last we spoke I was getting ready to take the overnight train to Chang Mai. What an experience!? My group is amazing (though unfortunately no hot guys and the tour leader is a 25 female...she is pretty cute though lol) Sorry to disappoint you all. The train was fun all getting to know each other and the accomodations were actually really nice. Fascinating how they transform the seats to beds and serve dinner on little convertable tables....
The next day things went a bit downhill. My stomach was not happy which made me not happy I was supposed to do a cooking class, but one smell in the market and I decided to spend the day back at the VERY NICE hotel wathcing TV and being close to the bathroom (sorry that's kinda nasty to share with all of you.) I didn't eat much for the next day or two except immodium lol.
We took an amazing drive from Chang mai to the border of Thailand and Laos and stayed in a very simple guesthouse....not typically for my jappy New City self, but I survived the shower over the toilet and sleeping fully clothed head to toe LOL. We also had an amazing dinner where we made our own Thai soup. It was the first thing I ate in Two days and was the best thing I have ever eaten.....
Ooh crap this internet in Laos sucks will have to update more later quick FYI started taking Cipro and feel great again Happy and healthy ...more later Happy Valentine's day and happy b-day this week to Jordan Dave Mikey and Lisa F...hope I didn't miss anyone...will update more tmrw
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Jess, Cool reading about your adventures. Tell us more about what you're eating and would definitely like to get the recipe for the Thai soup you made and ate. We'll be checking on your each day from SD! xxoo
ReplyDeletewas the Imodium extra strength? Stay away from the snake whiskey!!
ReplyDeleteHey Jess!!! Hope you're feeling better and having a blast. Drink a couple of Tiger Beers for me when you get to Vietnam... Have fun and we'll let you know when little Strome arrives in the next few weeks!
ReplyDeleteLove Strome
Hi Jess!!
ReplyDeleteThis trip sound Amazing!!! I LOVE reading ur stories!! it's like watching a movie :D Dave says "thanks for the birthday wishes!"
Miss ya!!! xox