Friday, February 20, 2009

Leaving Laos and not a moment too soon

We left Viang Vienne after I spent a very relaxing day at a lovely pool finishing my book Molokai (great recommendation Emily). We left in the morning for a three hour drive to Vientienne, the capital of Laos. It was a very interesting small city. They call it a city, but it is really just a big town. It was beyond hot. My flip flops were literally melting on the sidewalk. A few peeps from the tour and I decided that it was way too hot to site see so we found a really nice pool at the "Plaza" Hotel and spent most of the day swimming. I was starting to feel a little better, but was having anxiety over everything I was eating and I was driving myself crazy. The next day I did a little siteseeing on my own. Not too much going on in Vientienne...lol In the afternoon we all went back to the pool for more fun in the sun. I had a quick moment when I was ready to throw in the towel and come home, but then I got a little Zimmerman peptalk and ate some really good food.

A few people have expressed concern that I didn;t seem myself on my last blog entry and they were right. I was having a rough few days. Culture shock, home sickness, belly sickness, and icky hotel room sickness lol. Thanks for your concern!! Read on and you will see that I am MUCH better now!!!!

1 comment:

  1. get into it :-)

    glad to hear your feeling better :-)

    How's traveling with a group going?

    ReplyDelete