You have all probably been waiting on the edge of your seats for my next blog entry. So, here it is, but probably not from where you expect. I am writing from my apartment in NYC (well actually Amy's apartment since my I had my internet and cable turned off when I left) Yes, I am home. I needed a break from unsanitary street meat, not flushing toilet paper down the toilets, and overall physical, mental, and emotional exhaustion. I made the decision to come home on Thursday and was on a plane on Friday. If I had continued straight on to Nepal and Dubai I know I would not have truly enjoyed it the way I wanted to. And really, what would be the point if I wasn't going to have fun. Alas, my trip is not done yet though. I am still definitely going to South AMerica and after a few days of recouping I will decide if I am going to Egypt. (Okay, so honestly I just wanted to come home to meet the new Lil' Strome. lol)
I took this trip hoping to gain clarity and perspective on my life and I have truly learned a lot about myself. While the perspective I got was the complete opposite of what I expected, I feel lucky to have taken this journey and even luckier that it's not over. It'll just be broken up a bit and spread over a little more time.
I'll write more later, but after almost 36 hours of travel to get home, I am exhausted. I can honestly say that I have never been happier to be in the US and to be home.... cause truly home is where the heart is...
I am happy to have you home. Rest up so you can think straight. Love U
ReplyDeleteI think it takes a lot more to know when its time to take a break than to stay the course. I'm sure you'll appreciate all of the little luxuries that living in an industrialized nation affords you even more (like that gorgeous toilet!)And maybe you'll have time to catch up with your peeps?
ReplyDeleteenjoy the luxurious life jess! it is refreshing to hear some truth about the difficulties of traveling. clean your bad self up and then you'll be ready to hit the road again. i laugh because kevin always says he would rather sit in county jail than have to travel to pretty much anywhere in southeast asia. he's a bit extreme no? lol
ReplyDeletethere's no place like home :-)
ReplyDelete